Lots of people with limb differences have limbs that stop at different points but need a device that attaches to a bow at one end and their arm at another end.
This team will aim to discover solutions that can allow production of a modular device with the minimum amount of bespoke attachments as possible, in order to allow for fast production and greater reach.
• How can a prosthesis be redeveloped into a modular device (hand/wrist/forearm) to reduce the bespoke part to the attachment to the body? What process can enable faster production and greater reach?
• Can existing prosthetic arm elements/designs be modified to recreate all positions required for bowing?
• Can a variety of bowing techniques be recreated (even if using a different performance method) e.g. staccato, accents, even pizzicato?
• Suggestion of modular design
• Suggestion of materials and production process
• Exploration of production of bespoke attachment
• Suggestion of other applications