This team will work on a design and production challenge based on the 3D printed version of the one-handed recorder that has already been produced by OHMI, and successfully trialled in a pilot in schools in Nottingham.
• Is this the best design and process for small scale production, or can it be improved?
• Does the current design make use of the best material?
• Can the assembly process be improved upon?
• How do we enable parity of sound quality?
• Proposed alternative production process.
• Suggestion and analysis of alternative materials and the impact on sound quality.
• Road-map of supply chain.